Current Address

Sister Jorden Elizabeth Jackson
Philippines Baguio Mission
PO Box 115
National Highway
Brgy. Lingsat
San Fernando, La Union
2500,
PHILIPPINES

Monday, February 23, 2015

MOMENTS

I’m getting SO LAZY with my group letter lately. I feel like my life as a missionary has sort of mellowed out: lots of finding and some teaching, studies, sleep, eat, do it again, and try to improve. Even though I am used to this life, I am trying to remember/think of what is different or interesting so that I can give you all a better taste of life in the Pines.

*Scary moment*
I had to give a workshop at Zone Conference in front of President and Sister Balledos about how to improve teaching skills through planning. I think I have developed a little bit of a public speaking fear on the mission. Sweaty palms and butterflies – it was terrifying because I heard from other missionaries from other zones that there were chastisements. Yikes. The workshop was fine. I am no expert, but I guess I did well enough – no chastisements.

*Spiritual moment*
Even after 1000 times of sharing my testimony, one time this week I just knew it. I felt the spirit so strongly. By the look on her face, I don’t think she felt it. I think she was just thinking, “What the --? Why is this American girl crying in my house?” We know that every time we share our testimonies they become stronger. That’s another perk of being a missionary – we get to share our testimony multiple times a day. So if nothing else, at the end of the day, we know we have grown stronger.

*Sad moment*
I missed church this week. Yup. It feels super weird. Something is definitely missing. I got sick again bright and early Sunday morning. I think it’s those amebas…they are a true friend; they’ll never leave me. :) But really, the true friend is Sister Lacdo-o for taking care of me – keeping a hot pack on my tummy for the pain. And she also cleaned the whole house which is AWESOME! And I’m already feeling way better, just a little bit like a jack-o-lantern.

*Heart breaking moment*
I can’t go to Agoo on Saturday for the baptism of Fangonillo and Jerabese. So close, but so far away.

*Trunkey moment*
Today I have exactly 2 months left on the mission. I’m not yet having a hard time focusing on the work, or having any regrets or anything. It feels like just yesterday that I was walking into CSI with other missionaries asking them how much I should barter for things. They told me it’s basically like Target. Oh.  ;) That was my first day in the Philippines. Time goes so fast. Every moment, every choice matters. Make the most of every moment – good and bad, happy and sad, because then those moments become memories.

I’m going to make the most of my remaining moments. :)

Sister J








No comments:

Post a Comment