Current Address

Sister Jorden Elizabeth Jackson
Philippines Baguio Mission
PO Box 115
National Highway
Brgy. Lingsat
San Fernando, La Union
2500,
PHILIPPINES

Friday, July 25, 2014

A TYPHOON, A BROWN OUT AND A LINGERING PARASITE

July 21, 2014



I finally got back to work this week! It felt so great. I did have to go back to the hospital a couple of times for tests and such, but I have some new medicine that is working way better! I think I am finally on the mend. HALLA!

I experienced my first typhoon. It was only a level 2, so it was basically really rainy, cold and windy. The most exciting part was definitely the “BROWN OUT” which is actually a black out, but when you are in the Pines it’s a brown out. :) My companion and I got home before the other sisters, and since we couldn’t see anything, we were just were lying in our beds talking and laughing. Well, our house mates got home and were praying downstairs. They thought we weren’t home yet. They thought someone broke in the back door and was in the laundry room. They locked the door to the laundry room then started praying again. They heard someone again and Sister Tune got way scared, quit praying, ran out the front door and called their District Leader. Good thing I was the first one down the stairs because Sister Mortell saw my white legs reflecting the moonlight and realized I am the only other American for miles around. Sister Tune was already frantically talking to her District Leader – he had no idea what she was saying, but she explained it was just us so all was well! We dug up some candles and did nightly planning. :)

We are teaching a new investigator who is super awesome. She is the girlfriend of a return missionary…super intimidating! Oh my gosh! I hope I’m not an intense RM. We told her if she had any questions feel free to ask. Her boyfriends started muttering “James 1:5… James 1:5….” Awk! Anyway, we taught up to the Plan of Salvation and I used my chalk from you, Heidi, and it was GREAT!

Looking forward to this week! We have a couple ward activities so I am hoping to get some investigators and less active members to come! SANA :)
  


 
 Sister Campos and I are so cute, right? hehe
We had a fun zone activity this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment