Current Address

Sister Jorden Elizabeth Jackson
Philippines Baguio Mission
PO Box 115
National Highway
Brgy. Lingsat
San Fernando, La Union
2500,
PHILIPPINES

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

THE FIRST OF THE LAST DAYS

We had a good week. I can’t believe it’s already been a week. And I can’t believe I’m already starting my “lasts.” It feels like just yesterday I was watching my last movie, eating my last Pita Pit. Now today is my last zone activity. Tomorrow is my last MLC. This Saturday is my last Women’s Conference in the Philippines.

This week I laughed until I cried. My companion is so funny and her laugh is contagious. She explained the meaning behind a few Tagalog jokes to me. I had that "ah-ha" light bulb moment. Another night we laid on the floor with cucumber slices all over our faces. I don’t remember what we were talking about, but I couldn't stop laughing. She’s hilarious. It’s the little things.

We are finishing up exchanges - just one more next week. I've had a little bit of a hard time gauging how my Tagalog speaking ability is progressing because I’m always with Filipina companions. I died this week when on exchanges one of the newer missionaries asked me, “Are you going to become [insert bodily fluid that I won’t name]?” Language mistakes. Always so funny.

We saw progress in our work this week! We found a 15 year old girl who is friends with President Balledos’ daughter. His daughter has been coming with us to teach this new investigator (her friend). And, she picked her up for church! Then while at church one of the counselors in the Stake Presidency noticed her as the daughter of one of his friends from college, so he asked me to get his number so that he can fellowship him. YES! PROGRESS! People are so great!

Probably the saddest first-of-the-lasts was when I realized I won’t be here for another baptism (investigators must attend church 4 times before baptism here). It’s ok though. I am determined to leave behind a ripple effect. We will prepare this area really well for the next missionaries.

Sorry, it’s a short one this week! We had lots of laughs, lots of tracting, lots of work. Enjoying every moment!


Sister J 













No comments:

Post a Comment