Current Address

Sister Jorden Elizabeth Jackson
Philippines Baguio Mission
PO Box 115
National Highway
Brgy. Lingsat
San Fernando, La Union
2500,
PHILIPPINES

Monday, November 24, 2014

THIS WEEK’S BRAIN DUMP

I have really been lacking in the creative department lately. So this week I’m not even going to try. Next week na lang. I’ll do better next week.

Fangonilo – found out this week that I have been spelling and pronouncing their names wrong this whole time. *Awkward* But they are doing great. They all came to church yesterday except for RJ. He went swimming on Saturday. He dove into the river, cut his face on the rocks and was too embarrassed to come to church. His younger sister informed us, “He looks like Avatar!”

They are working on their “My Family Book.” They are preparing for baptism on January 24th. Brother Bong is ALMOST there. He smokes maybe 1 or 2 sticks a week now. (It used to be 11 a day!) #miracles

Lucben – gambling. Monday night, we had a SUPER bold lesson. I just was straight up. I was so stressed before because other missionaries in the past had taught them that gambling was bawal – but they were still doing it. And I wasn’t sure why. Anyway – walking out of that lesson I just felt a burden lifted. I had been so clear and explicit so there was no way they could misunderstand. I did my part, so if they decided to continue gambling, that was on them not me. *sigh*

They quit gambling.

They are SO excited to get baptized. Bro L’s going to try to prepare himself so that he can baptize them.

Donna – one of our new investigators, read the Plan of Salvation pamphlet between our visits this week. When we asked her how it was, she said, "We are actually coming from God's presence. I didn’t realize that. I read that then just looked down at Chloe (her one month old baby) and thought, 'Wow.You came to me straight from God.’"

Tender moment. Donna is so great!


I am so happy to be here in the Philippines as a missionary. Life is great. I hope you all are happy and enjoying life wherever you are! 


Can you believe how beautiful this place is?! When we have to cut through these rice fields, we try to stay on the dirt [mud] paths

Service project!

Our friend from last week's tithing lesson





#thesedresses #dontwelookgreat #weworethemtochurchonsunday



No comments:

Post a Comment