Current Address

Sister Jorden Elizabeth Jackson
Philippines Baguio Mission
PO Box 115
National Highway
Brgy. Lingsat
San Fernando, La Union
2500,
PHILIPPINES

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

UPLIFTED

Oct. 13, 2014

Oh, what a great week! Such a great balance of success and failure, spirituality and craziness. ALL 6 of our investigators with baptismal dates came to conference. I totally fell into a rice field. Less actives are actually getting EXCITED to hear from us. We got locked out of our new house so after quite a crazy evening/night we ended up walking over to the other sister’s apartment and sleeping there (I’ll save the details of this one until I get home…) ALL of our investigators with baptismal dates are now living the Word of Wisdom. We celebrated Sister Beckam’s birthday all weekend. Brother Domingo’s family FINALLY joined us for a lesson. We are STILL enjoying desserts and running WAY too much. We got invited to a GIANT Family Home Evening at our recent convert’s house and had basically our whole teaching pool there – Janice (Oct. 25th), less actives, investigators. And, did I mention conference? The only sad thing about conference is you have to wait 6 more months for it to happen again. #missionaryprobs

While sitting, listening to conference, I was sort of just reflecting. Life. Missionary Life. I am so thankful for all the people open to the gospel here. I’m also thankful for the people that aren't super open. I’m thankful for all the good days and the not so good ones. I really have lost myself and found myself in the work. I've found the self that is more like the person that my Heavenly Father wants me to become. We come on the mission to give our all to God, and He takes what we have to offer and makes it better and gives it back to us. Isn't that always how it is in life? We sacrifice for the Lord – keeping a commandment that is hard for us, giving up time, energy, things we enjoy – and He always blesses us immeasurably. I know I wouldn't be the person I am today without a lot of things – my parents and family, the choices I've made, and the opportunities and blessings the Lord has given me. I don’t think I could have become the person I am today without my mission. I guess that’s why they say the first person you convert is yourself. And it’s still a work in progress.

I am just so happy! Life is great! And, on top of all of the great things I mentioned already, I got so many letters this week! Thank you so much! Even though I have been out now for a while, I still get super excited when I get mail. Thanks mom, Em, Erika, Thurmans, Merrills, Andersons and Dunnaways. Oh my gosh! So many letters! I feel so loved!

LOVE YOU ALL! KITA KITS NEXT WEEK!





No comments:

Post a Comment